Insuring Canada's Publications for Over 20 Years
The Community Newspapers Reciprocal Insurance Exchange
(CNRIE) provides Media Insurance to:
- Community Newspapers
- Small Market Dailies
- Academic Journals
- Trade Publications
CNRIE (also known as the "Reciprocal") is a not-for-profit entity whose members include publications from across Canada. It is licensed by the regulator of financial institutions within each province or region it operates, adhering to the insurance statutes within those regions.
CNRIE's office is based in Burlington, Ontario, and is governed by its own Advisory Board that is comprised of publishers and employees from its member publications.
Summary of Services
- Experienced legal counsel. You gain access to some of the best media lawyers across the country.
- Immediate, direct access to legal advice, when you need it to check or "pre-clear" stories or articles before they run.
- Affordable rates - CNRIE's mandate is to make available affordable premiums to Canadian publications. As such, premiums are set to cover the cost of claims and operations. There is no motive for profit.
- One-stop coverage for all in-house writers and correspondents for all of your publications, including web sites and vertical publications.
- Toll-free telephone advice on related matters such as bans on publication, the Youth Criminal Justice Act, etc.
- Discounts available for organizations insuring more than 5 publications.